Commercial legal services
Our extensive in-house legal experience means we know the true value of working closely with you to understand, develop and execute your business objectives.
Our core objective is to always secure you the best possible outcome. We know it is imperative we get to know you and your business and gain a deeper understanding of your products and services and your end customers, clients and suppliers.
We provide legal advice and assistance that ensures you always make fully informed business decisions. We are also very mindful of the importance of your unique relationships with your customers, clients and suppliers and while working alongside you, you can be assured these relationships are in good hands.
Our expertise in providing corporate advice to our clients includes:
- Shareholder, joint venture and partnership agreements
- Corporate governance and Corporations Act compliance
- Getting start-ups established, including company incorporation and checklists, brand protection, employee engagement and the establishment of trusts and other legal structures
- Company secretarial services
- Insurance placement and programmes
- Privacy and data protection complaince
Commercial contracting services
We can assist with all of your commercial contracting needs, including:
- Services and supply contracts
- Agency and licensing arrangements
- Supplier terms and conditions
- IS&T and outsourcing agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Freight and logistics agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Promotions and marketing
- Privacy policies
- Website terms and conditions
- Collaboration, teaming and commercialisation agreements
Our director Martin Richardson has held several General Counsel roles with leading Australian and international businesses. Therefore, he understands what it takes to work directly alongside his clients to provide solutions to broader business challenges.
Our 'My Counsel' service ensures access to your own experienced ‘in-house’ lawyer but with the flexibility in service and cost your business requires, and with minimum disruption to how you operate. You get:
- direct access to an experienced and successful ‘in-house’ lawyer offering hands-on, personal service without the permanent fixed cost
- quick turnaround times without sacrificing quality
- peace of mind that employees, and customer and client relationships are in a safe pair of hands
- simple easy to use tools you can roll out time and again to enable your business to work smarter
It starts with a conversation about what value means to you and what role a legal adviser should play in your business to ensure you get that value.
In our view, a fee-for service model should ensure certainty of costs and outcomes for our clients - whether you're in a growth phase, or an established business looking to proactively manage contract risks and have a pragmatic legal adviser bringing real experience to the executive table.
Coaching and Facilitation
Our directors are not only experienced subject matter exerts in commercial legal and people and performance, they have held senior executive roles and been part of national management teams and the ‘C-suite’.
In these roles Leonie and Martin have worked alongside their fellow executives and they have managed large teams renowned for their service excellence and for being ‘easy to do business with’. With an understanding of what it takes to be the CEO of your own career and to successfully transition to the role of trusted adviser, they have developed a passion for developing and nurturing talent and positively impacting the careers of others.
To assist you or your team we can provide:
- Facilitated Team Workshops – assisting teams with clarity of purpose, accountabilities, values and norms
- Leadership Coaching
- Transition Coaching (between roles or into new professions or organisations)
- Coaching for lawyers
- in-house lawyers and teams looking to improve performance and effectiveness, and
- law firms looking to improve dealings with in-house lawyers, or for assistance with your mid level lawyers to take the next step in their client development
- Coaching and mentoring for HR professionals
- Team and individual skills development such as negotiations, difficult conversations and resilience
Workplace advisory services
We believe our people and performance approach is unique in the market. Our director Leonie Green combines her extensive experience as an employment and industrial relations lawyer and as the former Human Resources Director role for the Australian arm of the world’s largest outsourced staffing company. Leonie prides herself on her ability to provide a holistic approach to all workplace matters, and ensuring that you get pragmatic outcomes that reflect your unique workplace and culture.
We are well placed to assist you with:
- Advice and solutions for all your people & performance needs
- Discrete and empathetic workplace investigations (turning the light on what’s really going on)
- Developing and implementing human resources polices and procedures
- Developing and implementing workplace strategy and workforce planning and productivity, leadership change and transition planning
- Employee due diligence and strategies for business acquisitions and new enterprises
- Remuneration planning
- Employment contracts and incentives